Saturday, September 6, 2014

So far its tough

Last night was not a good one. Insomnia struck with a vengeance and I got up this morning feeling really rough. I know I slept some because I remember two dreams. These were spaced between awake times and I know that it took me at least two hours to finally doze off. The last time I looked at the clock it was 1am and I must have slept for an hour because when I awoke it was 3am, then at least another hour passed before I slept again and woke at 4:30 with a painful shoulder and a headache. Got up to take advil and lay back down. I woke the last time at 6am and laid there waiting for Cooper to shake his collar, a sign that he needs to go outside. At 7:30 I let him out and got back in bed. Then Chuck called with news that the truck is causing trouble.

Now we have to spend money.

He knows what is wrong. It is a part that needs to be ordered and programmed by the vendor before it can be replaced. We have a week until we need that vehicle to tow the RV to storage. Once it is running the truck works. But the problem causes a drain on the batteries when it is parked. He has to keep the engine block heater plugged in and a charger on the batteries so it will start. Currently the truck is at his work site because it wouldn't start yesterday morning. He is getting rides. I really hope we can get it repaired so we can eventually get a new one.

All of this while he is working the night shift. It may delay our departure.

Once the RV is stored it can stay there as long as necessary. I told him that it might be a good idea for him to keep the Escape for his use rather than taking it back to Tucson. If the truck is going to keep giving us trouble I don't want him to be stranded in the freezing winter of North Dakota. He has to have a reliable vehicle. It is a bad sign when a vehicle starts to require repairs. It can nickel and dime us to death. If we have an RV we have to have a good, strong truck.

We will keep to the plan and pray that all goes well. Chuck is a pretty resourceful man and I know he understands what is required to make the repairs.

We will see.

-N

No comments:

Post a Comment