Friday, May 2, 2014

It's different up here

My time here has taught me to be happy and thankful in all circumstances. We have faced many things which at home I would not have tolerated. The lack of running water for nearly two months. That we have had no television, internet or radio either.

At home (Tucson) I would have had someone out immediately with little more bother to myself than a phone call. Now any effort requires a minimum of a phone call and perhaps a walk to the office to find out who is the responsible party and then make that contact and proceed again.

I am out of my comfort zone and I am the new person. The interloper and stranger who is pushing their way into the unknown. It can be exciting but also a bit of a trial.

But now I have running hot and cold water, as well as  post office box, perfectly working sewer, a church I am enjoying, vehicles working very well at present, and the promise of internet within a couple of weeks.

Happy for me I will get a pedicure and eyebrow waxing today!

Well it is obvious that I didn't get that posted promptly. I hope we have internet service soon. We have arrived for a short visit to Catalina. There is work to do around the yard, sorting and picking out what we will bring back, and seeing family and friends.

Perhaps the next visit will be longer.

-N

No comments:

Post a Comment