Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Is this what it would be like?

I had a strange and rather distressing time this morning.

I took off to run some errands and do a bit of shopping and while I was driving between stops it occurred to me that this week with Chuck gone until Monday I was experiencing what it would be like if he weren't here.

As I shopped for myself only I realized that my cupboards are more bare and the refrigerator is much less full. I packed him off with the stuff he would need to make his meals and snacks for the lunch box. It cleared out so much that I realized how different it would be with him gone.

As I paid the rent, picked up the mail and went to the store I was not as motivated or excited the way I am when I am doing those things to take care of him and make his work days easier. I came back and Cooper greeted me cheerfully but it only took a few moments to put everything away. I won't need to do laundry for a while which is very different since I do laundry every two or three days with him here. He always has work socks and t-shirts that need washing.

I started to consider what I would have to do if I lost him. It would be a very different life. Thank goodness he is healthy and will be back to Tioga every two weeks for two weeks.

I bought new sheets and towels for Melissa's stay. It will be so wonderful to have her with us and Chuck is excited to show her the new work site and his free housing. Before he left we talked about all of the places to show her and things to see.

It is 2pm and the temperature is 77. Just thought I would share. Adios!

-N

No comments:

Post a Comment