Monday, December 9, 2013

It is a transition week

This is the first week in over 34 years that Chuck didn't go into TMC for work! He has this week to get a lot of things sorted, stored and packed so he can leave for his new job. I am taking Wednesday-Friday off to be with him and share in it. He has some personal appointments and people to see.

I will handle it.

Last night Chuck and I went to "The Great American Playhouse" in Oro Valley and watched a very fun production of "A Christmas Carol" which is my absolute all time favorite Christmas story. Scrooge's transformation is so wonderful and heart warming. If you have never read the book it is quite dark at first (typical of Dickens), but the reconciliation and redemption at the end is joyful.
God bless us every one.

I was part of a very special ceremony today to honor a hero who stepped up and saved someones life by performing the Heimlich manoeuvre. He was awarded a beautiful glass sculpture by the CEO of our company.  The woman who's life he saved was there along with myself and the hero's manager.  I hope if I am ever in that situation someone like Pete will be there.

It is my turn now to start the transition out of my position. I'm making lists, clearing out files and cleaning my desk. I expect to be out of here before the end of January. Seven years is not 34 but I still have accumulated a size able stash of "stuff". It feels good to sort.

-N

No comments:

Post a Comment