Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Back To the Details

This week has been more move preparation and taking care of the daily details of life. I've been packing up items to be stored during our time away. This means deciding what I could live with losing should something happen and that is not always an easy thing to do.

One of my biggest decisions is about my books. I have enough to fill three walls of my office and I am pretty attached to them.  I have pulled some of my collectables and old books and packed them.  Dickens, Faulkner, Fitzgerald, Austen, and Shakespeare, many that are turn of the century (20th century) editions have so much meaning personally that I couldn't stand if they were damaged or lost. I read them over and over.

Took mom to Walmart Monday, saw the eye doctor today, tomorrow is emissions for the truck and the glass shop to order three new shelves for a corner cabinet. Happy!

I start at LA Fitness Thursday morning to start a work out program.

The one thing that has been really nice so far, now that I am not working full time is I don't have to try to cram everything into a couple of days on the weekend along with the regular things like laundry and shopping. Tasks are spread out and I can see a project, jump into it and not worry about neglecting something else. My wish come true and I am really enjoying the time.

I really like it!!

-N








No comments:

Post a Comment